Also known as vaporblasting, wet blasting or liquid honing, Micro Peening is rapidly becoming the number one choice for applications requiring the highest quality of surface finish. The key to vapor blasting is that the finish is produced through flow of water borne abrasive, giving a finer finish due to the flushing action of the water. No media is impregnated into the component, nor is there any dust created by the break-up of media, unlike dry blasting where the finish is produced by sheer force of media impact.
All Micro Peening is charged $125 per hour.
Click the links below to view the associated articles:
• Effects of wet micro blasting on PVD coated tools
• Wet blasting as a deburring process for aluminum
• Effect of wet shot peening on Ti alloy treated by ceramic beads
• Effect of Micro Peening on Fatigue Life of an age hardened aluminum alloy
• Effect of surface finishing such as sand blasting on cutting tool wear resistance
• Fatigue properties of cold worked holes
• Micro Peening Cleaning & Descaling Stainless Steel